4 Oct 2013

Wings of Heaven – Joan Elliott

 4th October 2013
 
I had been looking for an angel to stitch for a friend of mine for some time and when I came across ‘Wings of Heaven’ (sometimes referred to as Angle in White) designed  by  Joan Elliott, I knew I had found the perfect project.
She’s actually a Christmas Angel but as I wanted to stitch her to go in my friends bedroom, I’ve changed some of the threads to shades of Blue, Silver Metallic instead of Gold and the Aida to dark Blue, so she will fit in with her colour scheme.


I  made a start on her last night and thought it would be fun to take a picture of my progress each night after I finish stitching,  to chart my progress……..can’t see me doing it for every project but I thought it would be fun to do for this one.


Not only that, I’ll be able to count up how many days at the end that I worked on it, so without further ado, here’s my first evenings progress.

 

Day 1

At some point I’m going to have to give some thought to the holly that she’s carrying, as mine is no longer a Christmas Angel.

I’ve already brought Blue Mill Hill beads but I’m not sure how they will look with the Holly leaves, so I may need to change that part in some way, I’m not sure yet.

Happy Stitching!

Sue
x

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment